Bonair Winery had beautiful displays of truffle grape clusters.
But my favorite were the homemade Oreo and cream cheese truffles at Hyatt Vineyards. Don’t tell anyone, but I had two.
I had to find out how they made them. I found the recipe below. It seems easy enough.
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
Place truffle ball in melted chocolate to coat; roll if necessary. Lift truffle from chocolate using 2 forks (this will allow excess chocolate to run off) before placing on wax paper.
You should really try these. They are so, so good! If you try this recipe let me know how it goes. Better yet, send me a photo of your creation.
Original recipe found here.