I don’t know about you, but after the holidays I feel the need to eat extra clean. I crave fresh fruits and vegetables like they’re going out of style. It probably has something to do with sugar, fat and starch overload. I don’t know. That’s just a wild guess.
I have been loving salads lately. The one I threw together for lunch the other day was so good I thought I would share.
Spinach Salad with White Wine Pear Vinaigrette
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Chicken breast, cooked and diced (refrigerated)
- Bacon crumbles (I cook turkey bacon in a small amount of oil, drain on a paper towel and crumble)
- Black pepper
- White Wine Pear Vinaigrette or other dressing of your choice
- Pile spinach leaves on a plate
- Top with cherry tomatoes, bleu cheese crumbles, chicken breast and bacon crumbles
- Top with desired amount of dressing
- Season to taste with pepper
I know that some people don’t like turkey bacon. In fact, some people feel like this:
So feel free to use the real thing if you are one of those who loathes turkey bacon.